World’s Best Kale Salad
The cool colors of red kale and watermelon radish give you some great antioxidants that we don’t get too often in our diet. Plus, did you know that radish is a fat-fighting ninja? It’s true.
Flax seed oil and ground flax seed are the best oils to use when you are trying to maintain a healthy weight and feel light on your toes. It’s an omega fatty acid and high in fiber, both of which make your brain smarter. Omegas can help control ADHD, weight, cholesterol, and blood pressure, regularity of your bowel movements, join inflammation, and probably help you grow wings. Plus, they taste good. Literally, fat makes your mouth water and makes your belly feel fully faster. So just eat them. =)
Nutritional yeast has lots of B-Vitamins and adds a great nutty, cheesy flavor that can’t be beat (unless you add beets of course).
We’ve all heard that carrots are great for eye sight, and also nice on the eyes and add a splash of color.
And raisins just taste good. Especially with carrots.
In Ayurveda, they suggest using many different flavors (six to be exact) in every meal in order to be fully in balance.
This salad covers them all. Personally, I felt satisfied and light after this meal and noticed I didn’t even need a sweet afterwards because I had those lovely raisins. Mmm mmm.
Raw Raisin Carrot Massaged Kale Salad Recipe
By January 24, 2014Published:
Possibly the best kale salad. Ever.
- 1 bunch red leaf kale bite size
- 2 Tbsp flax seed oil
- 1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1/3 cup raisins soaked
- 1/3 cup watermelon radish diced or shredded
- 1 carrot diced or shredded
- 1 Tbsp flax seed ground
- 2 Tbsp nutritional yeast powder
- 1 Tbsp shoyu sauce (or soy sauce)
- 2 Tbsp fig balsamic vinegar
- 2 dashes cayenne pepper
- Massage together kale, oil and sale with your hands in a bold for no less than 3 minutes. (I've heard it suggested to massage for up to ten minutes. Who has that kind of time?)
- Soak the raisins for 15 minutes or more
- Dice or shred radish and carrot (I just put them into the Vitamix and in 5 seconds, it's done!)
- Mix all remaining ingredients into the salad and voila!
- Optional: Add 1 or 2 chopped and cooked veggie burgers. (I love to add Hillary's Adzuki Bean Burgers, which cook just by throwing them in the toaster for 3 minutes)
- Course: Salad